*** announcement ***
All competition has extended the deadline till 8/4/2019! Hurry up and complete your registration as soon as possible now!
The Malaysian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (MAOMS) will be conducting a quiz and clinical skill competition on oral and maxillofacial surgery. This event is organised by the Malaysian Dental Students’ Association (MDSA) in collaboration with the MAHSA Dental Students’ Society (DSS), MAOFD, MAP, MAAP, MAOMS and MAO.
1. Each university is invited to send a team of TWO (2) students to participate in this competition.
2. The competition is divided into two sections where the first section will be regarding dental quiz on oral surgery and the second part will be hands-on clinical skills competition.
3. The Dental Quiz will be featuring 15 questions of related to oral and maxillofacial surgery and the questions will be projected on the screen.
The question format will be either in OBA or short answer questions (SAQ).
Each question will be projected for 3 minutes, participants are required to finished the question within the given 3 minutes, no additional time or repetition of slide is allowed.
Participants are allowed to discussed with their partner for the answers.
The first section is expected to take approximately 45 minutes.
4. The second section which is the hands on competition will feature 6 types of suturing technique where the participants are required to complete the sutures given within the time frame of 1 hour.
Participants are allowed to make repeated trials until they are satisfied with their final outcome, and is required to remove the previous sutures that they are not satisfied with.
Suturing will be either on sponge, leather or sponge in a cup. This will be announced on the competition day itself.
The suture type will be basic suturing technique that participants have acquired the knowledge to practice as a general dental practitioner.
5. Only suturing set will be provided. You are required to bring your own instrument set which includes tissue forceps, suture holder and scissors.
6. Gloves and mask will be provided. But only powder free gloves are provided. If you have latex allergy please bring your own gloves.
7. To exercise fairness to all participating Dental Schools, the formulation of questions will be a combined effort of selected MAOMS members from both academic and non-academic institutions
8. Participation form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be completed as instructed.
9. Only complete participation form sent in by 8th April 2019 will be considered.
Terms AND Conditions
1. Each university are only allowed to send one team for each category.
2. Participants must be a registered dental undergraduate students from the 13 dental institutions in Malaysia.
3. Each participant is only allowed to join only one category as all competitions will be conducted simultaneously.
4. Registration fee is RM25 per participant. Fees will be collected after the registration has been completed and confirmed. Please send your fees to your team captain (self-elected) and the team captain is responsible to send the money to the following account and email receipt to email@example.com
Malaysian Dental Students' Association (CIMB Bank)
5. Each participant that wishes to join the competition will have to download the registration form, fill up and must be completed with the signature of the Head of Department/ Lecturer from the given department. For example, Prosthodontics competition will require the signature from the Head of Department of Prosthodontics in each University.
Note : Oral Surgery Competition will close its registration by 8th of April 2019.