1. This is a Case-Based challenge.
2. Each university is invited to send a team of TWO (2) students to participate in this competition.
3. The Cased-Based CPC Challenge will be conducted using a computer. Each team will be expected to solve EIGHT (8) case-based orofacial disease scenarios within TWO (2) hours.
4. Each case will comprise a clinical case history with supporting materials which may include radiographs, histological images and laboratory investigation results. Participants are expected to integrate the information provided and demonstrate sound clinical reasoning in the formulation of diagnoses and appropriate treatment planning. The latter includes relevant investigations and management options from the perspective of a General Dental Practitioner (GDP).
5. In exercising fairness to all participating Dental Schools, all of the cases will be contributed by Oral Pathology & Oral Medicine (OMOP) specialists from non-academic institutions. The formulation of questions will be a combined effort of selected MAOFD members from both academic and non-academic institutions.
6. Proposal / Participation form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be completed as instructed.
7. Only complete Proposals sent in by 1st April 2019 will be considered.
Terms AND Conditions
1. Each university are only allowed to send one team for each category.
2. Participants must be a registered dental undergraduate students from the 13 dental institutions in Malaysia.
3. Each participant is only allowed to join only one category as all competitions will be conducted simultaneously.
4. Registration fee is RM25 per participant. Fees will be collected after the registration has been completed and confirmed. Please send your fees to your team captain (self-elected) and the team captain is responsible to send the money to the following account and email receipt to email@example.com
Malaysian Dental Students' Association (CIMB Bank)
5. Each participant that wishes to join the competition will have to download the registration form, fill up and must be completed with the signature of the Head of Department/ Lecturer from the given department. For example, Prosthodontics competition will require the signature from the Head of Department of Prosthodontics in each University.
Note : Oral Medicine / Oral Pathology Competition will close its registration by 1st of April 2019.