ULW x UiTM
Faculty of Dentistry Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) has been officially established in 2006. The Faculty grows stronger by the year with vibrant and energetic team of academicians and staff members. The Faculty received its first group of students for Bachelor of Dental Surgery programme in July 2006. Since the inception, the Faculty has gained a national reputation for excellence. In addition to its first professional degree (BDS) programme, the faculty offers postgraduate programmes in research and clinical doctorate. Many more programmes will be introduced in the near future to supply a high demand of oral health professionals in the country.
The following are the 6 facts about Faculty of Dentistry UiTM:
1. Faculty of Dentistry UiTM envisions itself to be the premier centre of excellence in oral health education, service and research in producing globally competitive professional graduates.
2. Besides that, the faculty also advocates every effort to enhance the knowledge and expertise of Bumiputera in oral health through professional programmes, cutting-edge research and community service based on moral values and professional ethics.
3. Faculty of Dentistry UiTM is committed towards providing quality education by having a constant review by the professional bodies and experts inside and outside Malaysia. All of the curriculums are based on Outcome-based Education (OBE) to ensure graduates have what it takes for them in the real world.
4. The facilities are equipped to assist students and staff members to give their best for the teaching or learning and clinical training. Teaching and learning also utilize innovative audiovisual equipment and teaching aids in the interest of extraordinary learning experience.
5. After the establishment of Shah Alam Campus in 2014, they extended their facility to a nearby campus, UiTM Puncak Perdana to gain more space for teaching and learning. Accumulatively, they have more than 15 thousand students and staff.
6. Now, UiTM Faculty of Dentistry is moved to a brand new building which houses all of the facilities under one roof. The building is located in Sungai Buloh Campus near the Faculty of Medicine. Its state of the art facilities are expected to deliver high quality education and skill training with all the highly motivated staff and academicians.